Accountant II (Corporate)
|Date Posted||October 07, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for an Accountant II. The Accountant II - Corporate will be responsible for the monthly and quarterly close process, including preparation of journal entries, monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations, and financial statement analytics and forecasting. The position may also assist with the implementation of new operating platforms, accounting systems, and support programs as required.
- Prepare monthly journal entries (expense allocations, deferred rent, utilities, accruals, prepaids, etc.).
- Review Corporate Overhead branch-level profit and loss statements and determine the need for accruals.
- Participate in financial statement review meetings with assigned leadership.
- Research budget and trend variances through examination of AP invoices, data extract analysis, and operational updates.
- Prepare timely balance sheet account reconciliations as assigned and research any reconciling items.
- Provide management with monthly financial highlights and variance analysis.
- Prepare ad hoc accounting reports for department management and outside agencies as required.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Experience working in a multi-unit service industries or healthcare environment preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience as an Accountant with a clearly demonstrated track record of progressive responsibilities; preferably in a company with $1B+ in revenue.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting processes.
- Experience using Great Plains or a version of Microsoft Dynamics ERP system is highly preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong team and service orientation.
- Must have good analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.