|Date Posted||October 07, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Irving, TX client in a search for a Senior Accountant. The position will be responsible for ensuring Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) are properly applied to a variety of complex issues in a retail business environment. Daily responsibility includes oversight of complex credit card and pre-paid card reconciliation processes, preparation of related accounting analyses and transaction entries, and assistance in oversight of accounting staff. Relevant accounting topics include cash accounting, income recognition, A/R, and inter-company transactions.
- Reconcile complex high-volume credit card receivable and related charge-back accounts.
- Cash applications and intercompany transactions.
- Engage in end-to-end month-end close processes including journal entries, transaction analysis, and preparation of complex account reconciliations.
- Identify, research, and resolve reconciling items.
- Develop and document a keen understanding of various complex business transactions and the corresponding accounting implications by partnering with internal and external stakeholders and consulting the relevant accounting guidance.
- Prepare written summaries of appropriate accounting principles to apply to various business transactions. Discuss recommendations with accounting management, especially relevant to changes which will improve the accuracy and / or efficiency of existing processes.
- Assist accounting management to educate staff on accounting principles and their real-world application to daily and monthly processes.
- Respond to monthly, quarterly, and annual audit requests from internal and external auditors.
- Maintain process flow documentation to aid in SOX compliance.
- Work closely with Financial Reporting to share information and ideas pertaining to changes in accounting guidance and / or business processes.
- Assist Accounting Manager in overseeing departmental staff by reviewing process results for completion, accuracy and timeliness, aid in issue resolution, and ongoing staff training.
- CPA preferred.
- 5 – 8 years in various accounting roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrated leadership including previous supervisory experience.
- In-depth GAAP knowledge is critical especially as related to cash accounting, general accounting, accounts receivable, and revenue recognition.
- Proven independent analytical and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to understand and appropriately respond to a variety of business process issues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to prepare process documentation, summarize recommendations for review by various levels of accounting management, and resolve various vendor issues.
- Excellent computer skills in both legacy mainframe and PC applications. Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel) are heavily used.
- Familiarity with Oracle ERP and TrinTech reconciliation systems a plus.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.