Information Security Manager
|Date Posted||October 12, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for an Information Security Manager. The Manager of Information Security is a hands-on role and is responsible for creating and implementing an information security program, including cybersecurity.
- Developing and implementing I.T./Information Security policies, standard operating procedures, compliance, and security initiatives for I.T. Infrastructure and I.T. Business applications.
- Working with internal/external audit initiatives, e.g., Information Security audits, I.T. General Controls audits, SOX audits, S.O.C. audits, or other regulatory compliance related initiatives.
- Ensuring the technical and administrative support for the development of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Programs, including testing, tabletop exercises, etc.
- Vulnerability and Patch Management initiatives.
- Information Security Controls & Monitoring.
- Implementing and/or developing/delivering information security awareness training and notifications.
- Penetration Testing - (external, internal, wireless, A.W.S., hardware, etc.).
- Cyber incident policy, procedure, controls, and monitoring.
- Write, manage, and execute I.T. policies, procedures, and processes.
- Manage I.T. vendor management program (3rd party review/diligence, system, policies, risks, etc.).
- Create and implement an effective Information Security Program focused on uptime, availability, performance, and cybersecurity.
- Assist with contract negotiations related to I.T.
- Manage direct reports (employees & contractors) as applicable
- Implement a security-focused governance, risk, and compliance (G.R.C.) program.
- Effectively build a cybersecurity posture without crippling end-user efficiency.
- Support business development in due diligence efforts to establish the safety and security of I.T. systems.
- Implement security measures and policies/procedures for approved devices, systems, software, and processes that the company requires to perform its day-to-day business.
- B.A. or B.S. or equivalent experience is required; M.A. or M.S. is highly desirable.
- Information security and/or cybersecurity certification a plus.
- 10+ years of proven I.T. security and architecture experience.
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and I.T. individuals at all levels, including the executive level.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Demonstrated ability to meet G.R.C. needs (HIPAA, SOX, PCI-DCC, etc.).
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models
- Sufficient level of technical background to collaborate with technical teams and to be able to evaluate information security of infrastructure and application solutions accurately and objectively.
- Ability to collaborate with business partners and develop/communicate security strategies and solutions effectively
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.