Assistant Controller/Sr. Accountant
|Date Posted||October 21, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
Apply and get connected with a VIP recruiter today.
We are assisting our Addison, TX client in a search for an Assistant Controller. This position is responsible for the financial accounting and reporting of the real estate properties acquired and developed through the company’s various investment vehicles. This involves validation of property GL’s maintained by third parties.
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Business casual dress attire
- Review lease related agreements and ensure that lease related activity adheres to policies and procedures.
- Ensure the property level activity is recorded, reviewed and approved in a timely manner to meet monthly and quarterly reporting deadlines.
- Record and review acquisition and disposition property transactions as needed including proration calculations, A/R aging review, and gain/loss projections.
- Review purchase and sale agreements for accounting impact and ensure the proper recording of the acquisition and disposition entries.
- Provide all necessary documentation to the team preparing the purchase price allocations (PPAs). Assist the Investment Accounting Manager in the review of such PPAs for accuracy and book adjustments as needed to the original acquisition entry.
- Work with capital markets to record new debt, refinancings or payoffs, and provide financial information as requested. Calculate and/or review debt covenant tests for property level debt. Ensure required reporting to lenders is done in a timely manner.
- Review, oversee and field questions from third party accountants responsible for accounting on investment properties.
- Assist property management with questions related to Yardi accounting processes and the company's accounting policies and procedures. Provide guidance, coaching and training to third parties, including participating in the “on-boarding” process of new third party relationships. This includes assisting in the setup of properties, leases/tenants, vendors/payables, property level bank accounts and other property level needs.
- Convert cash basis to accrual basis budgets so that fund accounting team can layer in entity level activity.
- Assist the tax personnel with preparation of schedules, providing underlying support and/or performing reviews as needed in connection with the timely preparation of federal and state tax returns including franchise taxes, personal property taxes, and other business taxes.
- Assist the fund accounting team with the preparation of quarterly/annual financial statements including providing details of transactions, underlying investment schedules, minimum rent disclosures, and other documentation and calculations needed for disclosures in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintain an understanding and work with the Technical Accounting Team on new technical accounting developments, regulatory changes, management requirements, accounting system updates, procedures, etc. Assist in the incorporation and implementation of such changes into current company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant commercial real estate accounting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Joint venture/partnership accounting experience.
- Yardi experience.
© VIP 2020 | An equal opportunity employer.