Senior Cost Accountant
|Date Posted||January 08, 2021|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Ennis, TX client in a search for a Senior Cost Accountant. This position is responsible for classifying costs, preparing monthly journal entries, analyzing costs of raw materials, and more.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and review carefully for anomalies and other inconsistencies.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly accounting reports for submission to management.
- Conduct inventory reserve analysis on a quarterly basis and generate reports for senior management.
- Review rates of depreciation, labor and overhead and suggest policy changes to improve numbers.
- Classify costs accurately.
- Establish standard costs and update them as appropriate.
- Maintain and review the general ledger and reconcile balance sheets.
- Analyze costs of raw materials and other supplies and create cost-benefit analyses for changing vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in cost accounting.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry preferred.
© VIP 2021 | An equal opportunity employer.