Payroll Tax Specialist
|Date Posted||January 26, 2021|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our North Dallas, TX client in a search for a Payroll Tax Specialist. This position is responsible for supporting the payroll process and reconciling payroll taxes. The ideal candidate will have multi-state payroll tax experience and experience with in-house payroll.
- Support payroll processing and resolve payroll issues to enhance timeliness and accuracy.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements to reduce delays in payroll submission and adjustments.
- Perform various analyses to produce reports including tax garnishments and benefits deductions.
- Manage payroll tax and business registration processes for new corporate entities.
- Support internal audit function to ensure compliance with payroll processing guidelines.
- Prepare and file payroll taxes and report tax liabilities.
- Ensure compliance with tax and withholding regulations to limit company liability.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, high school diploma required.
- Experience in an in-house payroll environment.
- 3+ years of relevant payroll tax experience, preferably in a multi-state payroll environment.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience using accounting software.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX guidelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
© VIP 2021 | An equal opportunity employer.