|Date Posted||March 11, 2021|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX client in a search for an Assistant Controller. This position will be responsible for technical accounting and external reporting for the company, as well as supporting the corporate accounting functions.
- Prepare journal entries and review reconciliations.
- Oversee fixed asset functions.
- Manage technical accounting processes, including reviewing and approving leases and researching and ensuring compliance with new accounting standards.
- Draft technical memos and financial statement footnotes.
- Develop new accounting processes and procedures.
- Manage internal and external financial reporting and draft financial statements and disclosures.
- Prepare financial reports including cash flow statements, income statements and more.
- Oversee external audit process and respond to auditor requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- CPA required.
- 10+ years of relevant accounting experience, with some supervisory experience.
- 4+ years of public accounting experience.
- Prior experience with technical accounting, including implementing new accounting standards.
- Previous SEC reporting experience required.
- Experience with accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills.
© VIP 2021 | An equal opportunity employer.