|Date Posted||September 28, 2021|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
Apply and get connected with a VIP recruiter today.
We are assisting our Irving, TX client in a search for an Assistant Controller. This position will be responsible for supporting the accounting function and ensuring financial statements are accurate. This role will also be responsible for preparing the company for audits, ensuring compliance, and overseeing accounting software.
- Prepare financial statements to summarize and forecast the company’s financial status.
- Oversee billing process.
- Produce and manage balance sheets and analyze future earnings and expenses.
- Assist with management of accounting, auditing and budgeting within the organization.
- Assist with preparations for audits.
- Work to reconcile accounting inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Prepare and maintain vendor waivers.
- Ensure compliance with and prepare reports according to applicable government regulations.
- Use accounting software to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Delegate accounting tasks to junior accounting staff.
- Coordinate with and prepare reports for Controller and upper management.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 6+ years of experience, preferably in the construction industry.
- Job cost and WIP billing experience.
- Experience with Sage300, GCPay, and Textura preferred.
- Previous experience with lien laws, including filing and releasing of liens.
© VIP 2021 | An equal opportunity employer.