|Date Posted||November 11, 2022|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Dallas, TX midsized Oil and Gas client in a search for an Assistant Controller for an immediate need. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic company with good work life balance and stability with plenty of room for growth!
- Manage daily treasury, cash processing and reporting to support cash forecasting activities.
- Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting departments.
- Lead the team in preparation of account reconciliations and the related journal entries to ensure a timely period end close process.
- Manage fixed asset and lease accounting process.
- Manage regulatory and multi-state tax compliance functions to insure accurate and timely filings.
- Work with external auditors and tax preparers to fulfill requests according to deadlines.
- Research accounting pronouncements and develop company policies for new, changing, or existing business transactions.
- Continually identify process improvement and cost savings opportunities.
- Assume a leadership role in the implementation of accounting transformation projects.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- CPA required.
- 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience in accounting management working with multiple companies
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Problem solver with commitment to achieve and exceed goals.