AVP/VP of Internal Audit
|Date Posted||March 07, 2019|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Irving, TX client with a search for an AVP/VP of Internal Audit. This highly visible role will be responsible for the design and implementation of the internal audit program for the company and only requires approximately 5% travel.
- Handle day to day management of the internal audit function including the supervision of a 2-6 person audit team reporting into this position.
- Perform an annual risk assessment of the business and continuous monitoring of the plan based on the risk analysis of the critical processes.
- Implement and effectively execute an internal audit plan for the business by proactively managing competing priorities.
- Coordinate with external auditors when needed on special requests and regulatory exams.
- Perform corporate, operational and regulatory audits of functional areas and report significant issues related to processes and controls, including risks inherent in and potential improvements to, those processes and controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA or CIA certification strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of internal auditing experience.
- Public accounting, preferably Big 4, and industry experience.
- Must have mortgage or financial services industry experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.