Senior Director of Technical Accounting and JV Accounting
|Date Posted||March 11, 2019|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Interested in this opportunity?
We are assisting our Addison, TX client with a search for a Senior Director of Technical and JV Accounting. This highly visible position will be responsible for managing the accounting activities for several of the company’s locations through a solid understanding of business processes, systems and an in-depth knowledge of current generally accepted accounting principles and guidance.
- Manage and coordinate monthly accounting, close processes and variance analysis for multiple locations, including locations in joint venture arrangements.
- Supervise, develop, train and retain professional accounting staff.
- Provide financial liaison support to operational colleagues ensuring appropriate accounting of activity and meaningful analysis in support of operational strategies.
- Lead the post-close accounting and acquisition integration support for acquisitions.
- Perform revenue and expense analysis in connection with monthly close.
- Ensure compliance with company accounting controls and procedures and US GAAP.
- Identify process and control deficiencies and work with leadership to implement changes.
- Provide guidance and support for financial audits by liaising with the external auditors.
- Build scalable processes and define clearly the roles and responsibilities of each member.
- Lead the acquisition integration and accounting for development.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a CPA.
- 10+ years of general accounting experience.
- 6+ years of management experience.
- Experience with joint ventures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.